Saturday, January 11, 2014

Try and Error - Triple N

This article is about my third pvp analysis while using a Tristan. I bought me 10 Tristans after I cerated a fitting in the Battleclinic forum.

You can copy my fit and past it in your EFT if you like...

[Tristan: Dominix WannaBe]
Damage Control II
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 150
Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I
1MN Afterburner II

5W Infectious Power System Malfunction
5W Infectious Power System Malfunction
5W Infectious Power System Malfunction

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Egress Port Maximizer I

Warrior II x5
Hobgoblin II x3


This fit can kill most frigates that relay on a capacitor to apply damage.

4.845EHP (passive tank)
Speed is 1.075/1409ms hot

Warriors do about 100dps and hopefully they hit the weak spot of an armor tank. Gallente and Amarr frigates have all a weakness against explosive damage (except Amarr AF have a lack of thermal resistance instead).

Dual ACR seems expensive but therefor I could add drone damage. All other Tristans with triple neuts have less speed and/or less damage. I thought fitting a mwd and a plate on the Tristan is not effective against kiter since Rubicon, because of the speed lost. Good fits uses an AB, and a 200mm plate with trimarks or a 400mm plate. AAR on a assault ship works well, but there is not much of a difference between passive and active tanking when using a versatile frigate, except prices and micromanaging. An AAR and a plate would be nice, but the costs would explode.

I had two fights in December 2013 with my Triple-N and my kill-death ratio is 1:1 at the moment.

2013-12-07 17:26 Killmail
After I had some success with other ships I was willing to try the Triple-N. Many things went wrong, but without try and error I won't learn anything. I spotted a Punisher at a gate and immediately started attacking. I tried orbiting at close range to get below the Punisher's optimum laser range, and meanwhile I was putting out my drones. My overview was flooded with my Hornets and in the middle was the Punisher as a blinky red line. I started the neutralizers and was looking for a sign of deactivated modules.

(Click on the picture to enlarge)

First thing that went wrong was I activated all three neutralizer at once. My opponent got neutralized every 6 seconds only, and the time between the pulse he activated his modules. On top of that most of the time I wasn't using the cap booster. Damn, I have to stop gimping! Then I didn't notice when the Incursus arrived, because we had a FFA and the Incursus was also green in my overview, like my drones. Note to me: Don't display drones in the main overview when FFA, or when I use drones by my self. At last I tried to escape but I had no chance, because I used a Mwd in this fight and had to realize the big sacrifice I had made... Without an AB I could not escape my enemies, except when they had used no point at all.

2013-12-08 19:31 Killmail
Awesome fight and I have no pictures nor a video of it, I could cry. Anyway, big up to Dextrome Thorphan! I wont forget this moment. He undocked with his Tristan from Red-Headquarter while I was hoping for an engagement. He attacked me at range and kept me there while his drones did its job. I hadn't realized he was using a Mwd until I looked at the Killmail. I was panicking for a short time and tried to run away. I approached a planet and waited for a moment to made a u-turn. My drones were still in its drone-bay and he had his point on me. My passive behavior made him mad. I remember when his speed was rising and he tried to close the gap a little bit. I bet he was fascinated by his two rail-guns and wanted apply more damage with his guns. But the Tristan relays on drones. Two 150mm rail-guns do 50 dps with Javelin and therefor they have a lousy tracking and less than 5km optimal range, all other rail-gun combinations on a Tristan are a drop in the ocean... This was the moment I had waited for! I overheated my AB and Scrambler, then I started approaching to his direction. I was deep in armor when I captured him. But this time I was pulsing my neutralizers every two seconds. After a few seconds he was already dry as hell. I realized he stopped shooting, because of the missing gun sound I heard before. All ewar-symbols (on the top of my HUD and in my overview) were also gone. My Hornets had fun when I unleashed them. They did huge damage against a not more active tanking Tristan. After a short time he exploded, but his drones kept shooting me. I needed a warp quick, because my ship was already burning. Lucky me, I could escape these aggressive drones and extinguish fire on my ship.

Review

I should align something before my enemies explode, then I could escape in no time. I did already adjustments to my overview, so drones wont irritate me again. Maybe I should add the size column too, this could help me to identify propulsion systems. Last fight I didn't notice Dextrome was using a Mwd, he wasn't at full speed because of his orbiting course. But what difference it could made to knew the type of propulsion system my opponent was using? O.k. I would knew when an enemy dictated range and I could do nothing against it. On the other hand, I got the same conclusion when I looked at my opponents velocity and our radial velocity. The Ship-size was also relevant to lock targets quick, but this knowledge made no difference when I was targeting enemies. Many question marks without an answer.

To be continued ...






No comments:

Post a Comment