Friday, January 24, 2014

Try and Error - 02 - The Punishment

I was flying the Executioner to create bookmarks and I lost two Executioners that way. Maybe I will write about them in another story. But then I switched back to the Nano-Punisher and found my Mojo again. My kill-ratio was 1:2 at the time with the Punisher. After creating all bookmarks my kill-ratio was 3:3, and the loadout is still the same.

You can copy this loadout and past it into EFT if you like...

[Punisher, The Punishment v1.0]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Local Hull Conversion Nanofiber Structure I
Damage Control II

Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small 'Knave' Energy Drain

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Energy Discharge Elutriation I
Small Energy Collision Accelerator I


Facs:

speed 470ms cold
speed 3.320/4.750ms hot w/ Mwd
EHP 3.480
dps 129/148 hot @ 3.8+2.5km  and <0,3 angular velocity  /w IM-Multi
dps 143/165 hot @ 3.8+2.5km  and <0,21 angular velocity  /w Conflagration
dps 102/118 hot @ 11+2.5km  and <0,23 angular velocity  /w Scorch


Analysis:


2014-01-20 01:14
I jumped though a gate and spotted Col B in a Condor. He was over 40km away and started moving in my direction. I thought he wanted to fight ME and immediately I started approaching to his direction too. We closed the gap but we only crossed our ways and he was out of my scrambler range after a short time. I saw some missiles flying around but they didn't hit me, weird. Then it felt like my guns cut through paper when the gap was closed again. He exploded and I thought everything went fine. But where was the killmail ?

I had corp-mates in my overview deactivated and didn't notice a corp-mate that did most of the damage and Col B was focusing him for sure. We had a nice talk after we fought and Col B gave me the Killmail of his loss. Note to me: Corp-mates have to be enabled for my solo adventures.


2014-01-20 02:08
Then I spotted a Imperial Navy Slicer far away from a gate and it reminded me of the last one I fought. I used a shield tank and I approached the Slicer instead of orbiting at close range. Finally I lost without getting though its shield. But this time I used a armor tank and I really wanted to knew my chances against the Slicer, so I tried to catch it. But Ace101 (the man behind the wheels) kept me 100km away. I didn't overheated my Mwd in the beginning, because I knew he could do the same and I would had no chances at all. After a while he tried to fly around me and at that point I overheated my Mwd. A few seconds later the gap was closed and he was scrambled. I commanded my ship to orbit him at 1.000m and then his damage dropped. Okey-dokey, now I know how to reduce the damage of an Imperial Navy Slicer. But he was still strong like fighting my doppelganger.

2.500m was the distance between us.
He covered 650m/s, while my top speed was about 470m/s only.
I didn't had angular velocity shown in my overview,
and without I couldn't assume how much tracking speed we needed. 

One day later I created a trail account for some tests...
Obviously I am not able to drop the damage farther
without getting tracking problems by myself.

Back to topic...
After a short time I was deep in armor already and probably would had lost the fight, but my corp-mates arrived and saved my day (Killmail). I got though the Slicer's shield and around one-third armor. My AAR had two cycles left after we fought. Next time I would need even more angular velocity, or a tracking disruptor to make the enemy weapons useless. This all can help to reduce the damage output of a Slicer. But all this options aren't available for my Punisher. Note to me: Next time I will lose against a Slicer.


2014-01-20 14:12
This was the last fight with my Nano-Punisher for the day.
A duel against a corp-mate in an Incursus.

I kept him at 5km range and I was able to tank him about 3 minutes. Then my armor was almost gone and my SAAR had no charges left and needed to reload. But I managed to get away, so there is no killmail.

Before this I fought against a Slicer and won. The killmail of the raped Slicer made me nuts and without the errors I learned less. For the Record: I told the Incursus pilot that he had won the fight, to compensate the Slicer kill.


I did many things wrong... I knew when he had used a cap booster he couldn't used a web. This should be checked first. After that I should already knew if he was using dual rep or single rep. And I should see if he was using a AB or Mwd. But I didn't checked anything.

I used Imperial Navy Multifrequency crystals all the time, and maybe Conflagration crystals could made more damage. Once again I should have displayed angular velocity to choose the crystals.

My lasers were overheated till there was three-fourths of the circle red. But I still need to get better with micromanaging. Next time I should pulse overheat on my weapons till the repair amount of my opponent drops. Then I should be able to burst when the enemy reloads his SAAR.

But the worst part was when I had no chance to reload the SAAR because I had a lack of armor after 3 minutes. And when a fight is time consuming I should have almost full armor before reloading the SAAR.

I fought the Incursus a second time, but with another ship.
The story is coming up soon.


Next chapter: The Punishment - 03

No comments:

Post a Comment